First Nations Media Australia is active in responding to government reviews, inquiries and discussion papers. First Nations Media Australia consults widely with the First Nations broadcasting and media industry in development of responses.
- Pre-Budget submission 2021-22. Download
- Mental Health and Suicide Prevention. Download
- Proposal to revise the temporary community broadcasting license guidelines for radio. Response to the ACMA. Download.
- Media Reform Green Paper - Modernising television regulation in Australia response. Download.
- Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (2021 Measures No.1) Bill 2021. Download.
- Indigenous skills, engagement and employment program. Response to the NIAA discussion paper. Download.
- ACMA consultations - TCBL Guidelines & Streamlining the B66 form feedback.
- Regional Telecommunications Review 2021. Response to Issues Paper. Download.
- Hugh Watson Report: Renewing a Vital Indigenous Voice and Community Asset – The Indigenous Broadcasting and Media Sector. Download
- FNMA response to Hugh Watson Report, October 2021. Download
- Australian Aboriginal Studies Journal 2021/1 edition - AIATSIS Special issue - Archiving First Nations media: the race to save community media and cultural collections. Download.
- Indigenous Digital Inclusion Plan - response to NIAA discussion paper. Download.
- Indigenous Community Perspectives and Experiences of Digital Inclusion - Research report prepared in partnership with ACCAN. Download.
- How the corporate sector establishes models of best practice to foster better engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander consumers - submission to inquiry. Download.
- Inquiry into Pathways and Participation Opportunities for Indigenous Australians in Employment and Business. Download
- Joint response with the CBAA to the ACCC's Concepts Paper on Mandatory News Media Bargaining Code. Download
- Response to the ACMA's Five-year Spectrum Outlook 2020-24 - spectrum management work program consultation draft. Download
- Joint response with the CBAA to the ACCC's Exposure Draft on News Media and Digital Platforms Mandatory Bargaining Code. Download
- Response to the ACMA's Proposed Principles for license area deeming for the Expansion of Digital Radio into Regional Australia. Download
- Response to the Department of Transport, Regional Development & Communications' Consumer Safeguards Review, consultation paper Part C - Choice and Fairness. Download
- Pre-budget submission 2020-21. Download
- Media Diversity in Australia - Submission to the Senate Standing Committees on Environment and Communications. Download.
- Protection of Indigenous Knowledge in the Intellectual Property System. Download
- Response to the ACMA Future Delivery of Radio Services in Australia Issues Paper. Download
- Response to the Productivity Commission Indigenous Evaluation Strategy Issues Paper. Download
- Regional Connectivity Program - response to discussion paper. Download
- Communications & Closing the Gap - discussion paper. Download.
- Regional Telecommunications Review 2018. Download
- Response to the Joint Select Committee on Constitutional Recognition relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Interim Report. September 2018. Download.
- Review of the VAST Service. June 2018. Download
- Closing the Gap Refresh. April 2018. Download
- Regional and Small Publishers Innovation Fund Guidelines. March 2018. Download
- Discussion Paper on Remote Employment and Participation. February 2018. Download
- Review of the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Legislation. February 2018. Download
- Inquiry into the Communication Legislation Amendment (Regional and Small Publishers Innovation) Bill 2017. January 2018. Download.
- Australian Communications and Media Authority Five Year Spectrum Outlook 2017-2021 Consultation. December 2017. Download
- Community Broadcasting Foundation Content Funding Review Consultation Paper. December 2017. Download.
- Tax Deductible Gift Recipient Reform Opportunities Discussion Paper. August 2017. Download.
- Consultation on New Spectrum Legislation. July 2017. Download
- Remaking the Radiocommunications (Register of Radiocommunications Licences. July 2017. Download
- Consultation on Spectrum Pricing. July 2017. Download.
- Future of Public Interest Journalism. Submission to the Select Committee of the Australian Senate. June 2017. Download