1. Our services
We use our eWay online payment gateway for payment of Conference and Festival fees, and for First Nations Media Australia Membership fees payment and renewals.
All fees are in Australian currency and include GST.
3. Payment methods
Payments can be made online using Visa, Mastercard or debit card.
4. Conference and Festival Fees
Fees and conditions are set by First Nations Media Australia for each Conference and Festival and set out in the registration documents.
4.2 Delivery methods and times
- Fees paid will only apply to the Conference or Festival for which they are paid and are not transferable to upcoming Conferences or Festivals.
- Fees are to be paid by the date set in the relevant registration information for the Conference or Festival.
5. First Nations Media Australia Membership
5.1 Membership fees
Membership fees are set out at on our Membership page.
5.2 Delivery methods and times
5.2.1 New membership applications
There are three steps in First Nations Media Australia membership approval. All three steps must be completed before you are confirmed as an First Nations Media Australia member. The steps are:
- Application and payment of membership fees.
- Checking of eligibility by the Membership Officer.
- Review by the Board of Directors.
Once the Membership Officer confirms your eligibility and the fees payment, the application will be listed for review by the First Nations Media Australia Board of Directors at the next scheduled Board meeting. Only the Board of Directors can decide on membership applications. Membership fees payment alone does not mean that your membership is approved. Board Meetings are held at least every three months.
When the Membership Officer confirms your eligibility to apply for membership, you will receive a confirmation that your application has been received and be given an indicative date for the next Board meeting.
You will be advised within two weeks of the date of the Board meeting at which your application is reviewed, of the outcome of your application.
5.2.2 Approved membership applications
- If your application is approved in the membership category for which you applied, you will receive an information pack for new members.
- If your application is approved but the Board assesses your eligibility as being in a membership category other the one for which you applied, you will be advised and given the chance to accept that reallocation or not.
- If you decide to not accept the reallocation we will Refund your payment by EFT. See our Refunds and Cancellation Policy.
- If you accept the reallocation and the membership fee is:
- Less than the one for which you applied, we will Refund the difference by EFT within 4 weeks of the date of your notification to us. See our Refunds and Cancellation Policy.
- Higher than the one for which you applied, we will request that you pay the difference within four weeks of the date of our notification to you. We will provide information in the request email about paying the difference payment.
5.2.3 Non approved membership applications
- If your application is not approved, your fee payment will be refunded within four weeks of the date of the relevant Board meeting. Please see our Refunds and Cancellation Policy.
- You may reapply with additional information to support your application.
5.2.4 Withdrawing your membership application
- If you decide to withdraw your application prior to its consideration by the First Nations Media Australia Board of Directors, your fee payment will be refunded within four weeks of the date of your notification to us. Please see our Refunds and Cancellation Policy.
5.2.5 Renewing your First Nations Media Australia Membership
- We will issue you with a renewal notice at the end of each financial year, including a link to the payment gateway. We do not auto deduct for renewal of membership.
- You will receive a payment notification immediately on processing of the payment.
5.2.6 Cancelling your First Nations Media Australia membership
- If you decide to not renew your membership, please email the First Nations Media Australia Membership Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (08 8992 9669).
- You do not need to pay the membership fee where you provide us with a cancellation notification.
6. Refunds and cancellations
Please see our Refunds and Cancellation Policy.
We use eWay. The eWAY payment gateway service provides secure online payments processing of credit and debit cards in real time via the internet. The payment gateway uses EV SSL Certificates to protect all transaction details, ensuring that credit card and customer data is safe.